So… you caught a fish – now what?
How to Clean a Fish
- Open up the gill and then slice towards the head at an angle
- Turn the fish over and repeat
- The head should be easy to remove at this point
- Insert your knife in the vent on the underside by the tail and gently slice up the center of the fish
- Remove loose organs
- Open the fish – you will see a black line running the length of the fish – slice this open and then use your thumb to push out the contents.
- Remove any pieces of the gill that remain
- Rinse in clean water